Campion Hall – A Historical Condominium Project
Restoration by Andover Renovation Solutions
Twenty Five Units
North Andover, Massachusetts
Hardtcourt Estate was originally built in 1906 for George E. Kunhardt a wealthy Lawrence Massachusetts mill owner. The original farm overlooking Lake Cochichewick was over 90 acres. Upon walking the site Mr. Kunhardt hired his friend famed Architect Steven Codman to design a 21,000 square foot mansion with a two story guest house and cabana in a Queen Anne style with added details from historical buildings in his native Germany.
After Mr. Kunhardt’s death the property was sold to the Jesuits which renamed it, Campion Hall and created a retreat center. During the 80′s the property was sub-divided and homes were built on both sides of the mansion leaving the main building and the out buildings on over 5 acres.
During this period the property was vacant and attracted both thieves, which stole much of its century old woodwork, and the elements, which made much of the building structurally unsound.